Sunday 4 May 2014

Feature.

ISO7 makes IPhone look more like a child's toy. 

When first downloading IS07, I was so excited because of all the people who had already upgraded their iPhone claimed how brilliant it was. However, when I downloaded it, I was disappointed with the design. 

Lockscreen
First thing which drew my attention with the lock screen was the black bar type designer were no longer on the new design. And the button with the arrow on that you had to slide was gone, on part of the actual look of the design is probably my favourite change, it is more transparent and give the impression that the screen is bigger and they're no blocks making it feel smaller. The large time numbers and the date on the lock screen have become a lot thinner and more modern, but this font reminds me too much of android already. The option to bring down the notification centre is something I don't use much of anyway but I guess it's a good thing it's there. 

Notification centre. 
Pulling quickly down to revel the notification is good as it is quick and fast but like I wrote previously I don't use it that often. Although when I have used it I like the three options of 'Today', 'All' or 'Missed' I think this is really useful for every use and generally busy people, putting all there notifications together and allowing them to see quickly emails, and updates. What's also very handy is in the 'today' column is how shows the weather in a way that is written as if it is another human. 

HomeScreen.
The first time I noticed this was when the disappointment hit me. The block colours and simple design again making it look just like an android and more like a child's toy. Rather than an expensive piece of technology. The previous design colours being more graidiant  allowing it to be a lot more realistic where as the new design is more pop art like.  The other thing I have found is that it takes a little longer to unlock the screen as there is now a little animation that erupts when the apps upload. Another new thing with the apps is now that the appearance of them are more animated one being the clock, the clock now shows the real time which I think is quite helpful. Another little thing that is that little bit more helpful is there is now a practically unlimited space when putting apps together to create a folder. 

Applications.
The Phone and contact app has kept very much the same with the same, missed called, recent etc, any how, there is now a option where you can block a contact which again I think is extremely useful when it comes to security and privacy. Safari has now generouslly allowed the option to full in full screen which is a lot better, allows you to view a lot more and get the most of surfing the web on your mobile. The camera has been given a massive new design but I am defiantly for this, it allows you do to things so much easier, like flipping for the different settings weather it be recording or pano which I think the iPhone defiantly needed this new boot. Alwell as those different settings there are a whole different editing choices which is just what the Camera app needed and hope they will still improve on this in the future. Siri is pretty much the same although you can now change the sex of Siri's voice. But you will notice Siri has become a lot more help recently swell. 

Overall.
To sum up, I do like the overall changes made to IPhone made by ISO7, but the one thing I would defiantly keep was the old design this design I feel is defiantly to childlike for the piece of technology it is and how expensive it is. I also hate the fact that it is looking more like android which is why i brought an Apple IPhone, because of it being unique and different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment